Free Course: Introduction to SEO and Keywords
Before the internet, there were many ways for people to find your business. The Yellow Pages section of your phone book, television and radio advertising, billboards, and other roadway signs were staples of successfully marketing your business.
Some of those methods still work well for attracting your target market. In the 21st century though, people look for answers to their problems online much more than they do offline. This means you could spend a lot of money with “old school” advertising and marketing mediums, and realize very little of the prospects and customers you are looking for (and who are looking for you).
Today you have to keep internet search engines happy if you want a consistent flow of visitors who are looking for your products and services. Even if you run an offline business, your online marketing efforts, and this includes your website or blog, need to be found by the search engines.
What 2 important factors help search engines find your content and list it in their search results so that people can find your business when they are searching online?
1) Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
2) Keywords and Keyword Phrases
In the early days of the internet you could simply repeat a keyword over and over, and your web page or piece of content would rank high in search results for that particular word. As search engines evolved, they realized that this type of “keyword stuffing” resulted in poor content. Search engines changed their algorithms, as they do frequently, and SEO has also changed as a result.
In this course, you will discover the essentials of search engine optimization, of which keywords play an important part. Keep internet search engines happy by giving them what they want, and they will return the favor by making you happy with lots of targeted traffic to your web properties.
Upon completion of this course you will have a firm understanding of:
- How search engines work
- Why search engines choose one web page over another
- Why search engine optimization is necessary
- Current search engine ranking factors
- How to design your content so you get found online
- How to structure your content for both human beings and search engines
- What keywords are, and how to choose the most relevant keyword phrases
- What role keywords play in the search engine ranking process
- How to perform basic keyword research
- The right way to add keywords to your content
- The importance of ongoing testing and monitoring
- How to measure and track your SEO efforts
At the end of each module, there are learning activities to complete.
These give you hands-on experience that will dramatically improve your understanding of the importance of keywords and search engine optimization for your online marketing success.
Ready to start mastering the basics of search engine optimization and proper keyword use for more success online?
Need Help Managing Your Website?
We'll care for your website so you can focus on everything else. We handle your content updates, hosting, security, and more.